Over many years of working with people I have cultivated these agreements to support and protect our work together, and I ask each of my clients to commit to them. You can read them here, or download them below:
Coaching Agreements updated 1/1/18
- Showing Up: I agree to be present for my coaching call at the time I have scheduled, with a clear signal, and free from background noise, including my own gadgets. I agree to be sober and free from distractions, and I will not be driving during the session. If we are meeting by web, Hunter will wait 15 minutes for me; if I'm not there by then, the session will be counted as complete. If we are working by phone, I will call Hunter unless otherwise agreed. If I don't call within 15 minutes of our scheduled time, Hunter will call me, and if he can't reach me, the session will be counted as complete. I understand that cancellation requires a minimum of 24 hours’ notice before our scheduled time, or the session will be counted as complete. Exceptions may be made in emergencies. If Hunter misses a scheduled appointment for any reason other than an emergency, he will add a free session to my coaching package, to be used within 7 calendar days.
- Taking Responsibility: I agree that I am responsible for my physical, mental, and emotional well-being during my coaching calls, including any choices or decisions I make based on our conversations. I agree to ask for what I need, including clarification of anything I do not understand, and set boundaries that allow me to participate in coaching in a way that stretches my comfort zone safely. I agree to pay for my sessions in advance, unless previously agreed upon in writing. I agree to take responsibility for using all coaching sessions in my package within the allotted time for that package.
- Purpose and Scope of Coaching: I understand that Spiritual Coaching and Conscious Breathing Sessions involve a co-creative relationship between myself and my coach to support me in living from the wisest, most loving, and most authentic part of me, and breathing freely in my life. While coaching offers tools that I can use to promote physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health, I understand that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders and is not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment. If I am currently in therapy or otherwise under the care of a mental health professional, I affirm that professional is aware of my decision to receive coaching with Hunter. I understand that Hunter may ask me to seek appropriate professional help to deal with any mental health or substance abuse issues that surface during coaching, and may conclude the coaching relationship if I do not follow through on those recommendations. I also understand that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, medical, financial or business professionals, and I will seek independent professional guidance for these matters as needed. I understand that all decisions in these areas are exclusively mine and I acknowledge that my decisions and my actions regarding them are my sole responsibility.
- Confidentiality: I understand that all identifying information will be held as confidential unless I state otherwise, in writing, except as required by law. I understand that certain topics may be anonymously and hypothetically shared with other coaching professionals for training or consultation purposes. I understand that Hunter’s may use any teachings offered during our calls in other contexts, without any identifying reference to my own situation.
- Communication: I understand that all communication regarding coaching content will be conducted by email, using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or by voice mail at (828) 475-2581, and all scheduling, rescheduling, and cancellation handled during my call or directly through Hunter’s website, www.hunterflournoy.com.
- Completion: I understand that either Hunter or I may end our coaching contract at any time in writing. I agree to complete one additional session after that notice is given in order to bring our work to completion. I understand that Hunter will refund any unused sessions, and that the amount of the refund will be determined with the following equation: refund = (package total) – (number of completed sessions x $90 (the cost of an individual session booked by itself).
Coaching Agreements updated 1/1/18